The Many Benefits of Using a Professional Sitter
Why Use a Professional Sitter?
© 2009 - 2015 Pet Trackers All Rights Reserved. 651-644-0695
Using a professional pet sitter reaps benefits for both pets and their owners. Once you experience professional pet care in your home, you'll never worry about being away from your pet again. Not all pet sitters are created equal, nor are they all professional. In hiring a pet sitter, it is important to make sure you have chosen the right person to care for your beloved pet.
Why Smart Pet Owners Hire Professional Pet Sitters
- Pets are happier and less stressed in their safe home
- No trauma of having to transport and leave your pet in an unfamiliar environment
- Ensuring good health by not be exposed to other pet illnesses and bugs
- Being surrounded by familiar sights, smells and sounds
- Having someone responsible in case of an emergency
- Maintain the pet’s regular diet, play, and exercise routine
- Maintaining medical treatment, when required
- Not having to impose on untrained family, friends or neighbors
- Knowing that your pet is receiving love and personal attention
- In-home professional pet care provides added peace of mind
- Confidence that the pet sitter can deal with other issues - grooming, vet visits
- Feeling your home is more secure with someone going in and out several times a day
- Additional services available – house sitting, plant watering, mail retrieval, other
The PSI Difference
At Pet Sitters International, they stress strong ideals, professional standards and common-sense methods that reinforce their members with dependable know-how. The PSI approach equips pet sitters with quality awareness, pet owners with quality assurance and pets with quality in-home pet care.
PSI’s Certification Program provides a complete pet-care education for professional pet sitters. It contains chapters to cover each facet of the business, including Pet Care, Health & Nutrition, Added Services and Business & Office Procedures. A PSI Certified Professional Pet Sitter brings a tremendous store of additional information to the task of caring for your pet—and that’s always a plus.
Liability insurance and bonding policies available to pet sitters through their PSI membership let you know that you are dealing with a reliable, responsible business professional who cares about your home and your property as well as your pet. Ask for a bonded and insured pet sitter.
Background screening services available to PSI members allow the pet-sitting business owner to screen prospective employees. This can help to ensure that any staff sitter who comes to your home is a legitimate, law-abiding pet lover who shares your feelings for your family pets.